Outlook 2016 is about more than just email. It comes with a calendar, contacts, tasks, notes, and more. You can eat up a lot of time switching between these apps when needed, but sneak peeks can save you the time and effort of accessing each app. In this movie, you will know how to use sneak peeks to perform calendar, contact, and task commands without leaving the mail app. You will also know how to customize the sneak peeks layout.
- [Voiceover] One nice improvement here in Outlook 2016…that is worth exploring in greater detail…are the peeks that we get access to…when we hover over the icons in the bottom left hand corner…for mail, calendar, contacts, tasks and more.…A typical scenario might be you receive an invitation,…perhaps to attend a meeting,…like this message I've received from Karen Leslie.…It's for a certain date and time.…Well, in the old days, you would have to switch over…to your calendar, check out that date,…see if it works, come back to your mail, respond.…
If it happens to be a meeting request,…you can actually respond from within.…If it's from outside, you may not even…have that functionality, so there's a lot…of flipping back and forth between the apps here in Outlook.…Well, with sneak peeks, you can actually do a lot more…than just peek at what's going on.…For example, if I wanna take a look at May 6,…I can go down to the icon representing the calendar…and just hover over it, and I can see, there it is,…an invitation for tomorrow, and I can go to that day…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.