Learn about using Name Ranges to navigate through a workbook and also how to use Name Ranges in formulas, as author Jen McBee demonstrates the ease of using names instead of row and column references in formulas.
- [Instructor] In the previous video…you learned how to create named ranges…and how to use those named ranges…to navigate throughout the workbook.…On the Excel 2010 MOS Exam, you may be asked…to create a formula using a named range.…In this video we're going to be walking through…creating formulas using named ranges…and I want to show you a great tool…called AutoComplete that will make your life…so much easier when you're using named ranges.…I have the 06_06 exercise file open.…So, let's tackle this topic.…
We're going to work with a total sales worksheet.…And we'll be using the named ranges…that we created in the last video…to get our totals for both the teams…and for each of the quarters.…Let's start off by calculating our total for quarter one.…I'll click in B8.…Type equals sum and notice how sum comes up…in my AutoComplete list underneath the cell.…I'll tab to accept that entry…and then start typing quarter one.…
Anytime you see a reference with a yellow tag next to it…that should tell you that that is a named range.…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 51m Appropriate for all
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.