Learn how to use functions in conditional formatting rules. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to apply formatting using functions to create conditional formatting rules. She also shows you how to filter data based on font color.
- [Instructor] Now that we've reviewed…creating and managing basic conditional formatting rules,…we're going to learn how to use functions…along with conditional formatting rules…to format our cells.…We'll be working with the 03 02 functions,…format, filtering workbook.…And we'll be using the TODAY function…and the WEEKDAY function.…The WEEKDAY function will allow us to track orders…that were placed on a weekend.…When you use the WEEKDAY function,…you must let Excel know the numbering system…that you choose.…
So for example,…number one, we will return Sunday…as the first day of the week.…The second numbering option, number two,…will return Monday as the first day of the week.…And our third option…is returning Monday as a zero…which means Tuesday will actually be…the first day of the week.…On the exam if you're asked to perform this task…using the WEEKDAY function,…they'll let you know the value of Sunday or Monday.…So be sure to memorize the numbering options…that you see here.…
After we have our conditional formatting…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.