Oz du Soleil shows how to write an IF statement in Get & Transform in Excel 2016.
- [Instructor] Right time to work…with if statements in Get & Transform,…and if you want to follow along,…pull up the exercise file called IF Formula.…Here I've got a list of candidates…who are trying to get into this special program,…and we've reviewed their portfolio…and the application package and we want…to interview anybody who gets 13 or more.…So we would like to have a column…that tells us interview or decline,…so let's do that in Get & Transform,…select the data set, Data, From Table.…
The first thing we need to know is what is the total?…So for candidate one, a six for portfolio,…and a four for application, that's a total of 10.…We've got to get a sum.…So we need to know that candidate one…scored a total of 10, 6 +4,…and then we have to see where that score…is relative to the number 13.…There are a number of ways we can do this.…We could do a sum column and then do a conditional column,…that might be what you're thinking but no,…let's just write a formula and be done with it.…
Okay add column, add custom column.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.