In Excel 2003, entering formulas and functions required learning and memorizing syntax that was typed into a cell to display results. Excel 2016 makes entering formulas and functions even faster and easier. In this movie, you will know how to type in formulas and functions, or save time using the quick analysis tool to enter them for you.
- [Voiceover] It's time to shift our focus to Excel 2016,…and for anyone migrating from Excel 2003,…you're gonna notice some new and enhanced features,…some different ways to accomplish tasks.…One of them is formulas and functions.…The good news is if you're accustomed…to typing in your formulas by hand,…maybe selecting content,…you can continue to add your formulas…the way you did in Excel 2003.…But, there might be some faster options…that we're going to explore in this movie…with this file, Forecast0301.…
You'll find it in the chapter three folder…of your exercise files.…For example, here in the total column,…if you wanted to, you could click in cell N5…and start your formula the way you always did in Excel 2003.…Type in the equals sign.…Then, you could start to type in sum,…but watch what happens here.…We're gonna get some hints showing up.…You can see right at the top is the sum function.…You could continue to type things out manually,…or you could double-click, sum.…You can see what happens.…
It's showing you a little hint of what's needed here.…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.