Conditional formatting is not new in Excel 2016, but it can be applied differently than it was in Excel 2010. In this movie, you will know how to apply conditional formatting to a range of cells using the Quick Analysis tool, and then customize that formatting via the ribbon as you would in Excel 2010.
- [Voiceover] In this movie we're going to…expand on conditional formatting.…Something that's not new here in Excel 2016,…but there is a new way to apply…conditional formatting.…If you're not familiar with it,…it's formatting that's applied to…selected data based on conditions.…For example, high numbers may be formatted…in green and low numbers in red.…Or you may see icons, data bars…that we talked about in a previous movie.…We're gonna continue working with our…Landon Hotel sheet, 0304, if you're catching up.…Next we're gonna scroll over here.…
Make sure you can see Q4 data.…We already created a chart based on…some of this data.…We're gonna reselect the same data,…which is from cell N10 across and down…to P12.…And there's that Quick Analysis Tool…that appears every time we select data.…Control + Q, the keyboard shortcut.…And when we select it, we're going to see…some options under formatting.…This is Conditional Formatting.…We've already talked about Data Bars…and how they work.…But there's colors and icon sets.…You can see what's happening in the background.…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.