Conditional formatting in Excel 2003 allowed you to apply formatting to data based on certain conditions, such as high, low, or medium values, but it was limited. In this movie, you will know how to select from numerous presets for coinditional formatting in Excel 2016, and customize that formatting to suit your needs.
- [Voiceover] If you ever used Conditional Formatting…in Excel 2003 to get a visual representation…of your data where, perhaps,…numbers greater than a certain value…were highlighted in green…and less than a certain value in red, et cetera,…well, it was pretty limited in Excel 2003.…You could apply up to three separate conditions…that you would create manually.…Now, here in Excel 2016,…there are a number of different options to choose from,…and that's why we're gonna take a look at it…using this file, Forecast0304.…
We're gonna work with our TOTAL column…over here on the right hand side.…You can see we have some pretty big numbers,…some pretty small ones,…and some in the middle.…Let's click and drag over that range of data,…so we're actually going from cell N5 down to N20.…Next, all we have to do,…is make sure the Home tab is selected,…and go to that ribbon and click Conditional Formatting.…Look at all the new options we have.…It used to be we would have to create a New Rule manually,…that's where we'd go.…And if we wanted to edit them,…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.