The way you get help in Word 2016 has changed dramatically from Word 2010. You can still use F1, or access Help from backstage view, but there is a new help feature that will assist you in completing tasks. In this movie, you will know how to use the Tell Me assistant to get help completing tasks, such as adding a table of contents and inseting an image into your documemt.
- [Voiceover] There's a new way…to get help here in Office 2016.…The old ways of getting help still exist,…but there's a new option that will help you…accomplish your task, not just teach you…how to accomplish your task.…Let's check it out here in Word…using this Best of Landon Hotel document…that we've been working with already.…And, as you can see at the top,…it's called Best of Landon Hotel Guide.…It's a docx file you'll find in the Chapter 2 folder…of your exercise files if you're skipping to this movie.…Now in the old days of Office 2010,…you could press Function key one.…
That was a keyboard shortcut for getting help.…Go ahead and press F1.…You can see it opens up a Help pane over here…on the right-hand side,…where we have a number of top categories we can go to…or use the Search field to search for help.…Maybe we want help on creating a Table of Contents.…Make sure you've clicked down below your title.…If the cursor's not down there, just give it a click.…To insert a Table of Contents there…we could type in the Search field, Table of Contents,…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.