Learn how to use the TRANSPOSE function. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to quickly change the data in a worksheet from a vertical layout to a horizontal layout using the TRANSPOSE function. She also shows you how to use Paste Special to transpose the data.
- [Instructor] A little known but awesome function…in Excel 2013 is Transpose.…This function allows us to flip the selected…data either from horizontal to vertical,…or vice versa.…In this video I'll demonstrate how to use…the Transpose function, but I also want you to know…that you can accomplish the same thing…by copying the data and using Paste Special…and choosing Transpose.…I'll show you both ways but if you're asked…to perform a similar task on the MOS Expert Exam,…please pay close attention to whether…you should use the Transpose function,…or Transpose in Paste Special.…
I have the 04_04 TRANSPOSE workbook open,…so let's get started.…Here's our information.…Our column headings, our class and staff member,…and their row headings are the name of the class.…Animation, Fashion and Textiles, et cetera.…I'd like to go ahead and flip this data…so that the classes are being shown…as the column headings.…Now, our first step will be to select…the same number of cells just to the right…of where we want to flip this information.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.