Learn how to create data models by building and managing multi-table relationships. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to use the Excel Data Model to import large amounts of data, and how to manage data connections.
- PowerPivot is a powerful program…that does exactly what it says.…It is pivot tables on steroids,…and what I mean is, we can pull information…from an Access database, SQL database,…other Excel workbooks or a text file,…and pull that information into our pivot tables.…In this video I'm going to show you how…you can enable PowerPivot in your Excel 2013 program.…It's already installed, you just have to turn it on.…We'll create a data module and table…and talk about the relationships between those tables.…
We're going to be working with the…05_05 PowerPivot exercise file.…What you see here is just a flat pivot table.…We used just one table to create…and pull this information together.…Using PowerPivot, we'll be able to use not just our…Two Trees 2016 sales worksheet,…but also the products worksheet.…Now you can see that just to the right of my view tab…I have PowerPivot showing.…Let me show you how I enabled it, File and Options,…well go to Add Ins, because it's an add in.…
It's actually a component add in,…so we'll come down to our Manage drop down menu…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.