Learn how to use the NOW and TODAY functions. Author Jen McBee reviews the difference between the NOW and TODAY functions and how to use both, focusing on skills you will be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam.
- [Instructor] If you need to insert the current…date into your worksheet, you'll want to…use the TODAY function.…If you need the current date and time,…you'll use the NOW function.…In this video I'll show you how to use both.…We'll use the NOW function to insert…the current system date and time,…and keep in mind it is the date and time…that is in the system of your computer.…The TODAY function inserts just the date.…So depending on what information you need,…you can pick and choose whether…it's the TODAY function or the NOW function.…
Both of these functions are volatile,…and what that means is if I insert…the TODAY function into my workbook today,…it's going to insert the current date which is March 1st.…I'll save and close that workbook…and if I open it tomorrow, it will update…that TODAY function, and the date…will show as March 2nd.…So each time you open the workbook…it runs the function and will return…the current system date, or system date and time.…
I have the 04_05 NOW_TODAY workbook open.…Let's go ahead and get started.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.