Learn how to use the LOOKUP function. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to create a formula using the LOOKUP function with vector and array LOOKUPS, focusing on methods that you will be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2013 MOS Expert exam.
- [Instructor] LOOKUP functions are amazing.…These powerful functions are used…to go through rows and rows of data,…searching for a specific value to display…in a cell or to use in a formula.…We use the LOOKUP function for one dimensional tasks,…such as a single row of data or single columns of data.…And there are two forms used by the LOOKUP function.…The first is vector.…In the vector LOOKUP function,…we have three pieces of information or syntax…that we need to give to Excel,…the LOOKUP value, the LOOKUP vector, and the result vector.…
So, the value where we want Excel to find that value…and then the result vector is where Excel…can expect to find the result.…The array LOOKUP formula is quite different.…With the array LOOKUP formula,…we just give Excel the value and the array,…and the array being a table of information.…Now, just as a note,…Microsoft recommends using HLOOKUP or VLOOKUP…instead of the array function.…We find that H or VLOOKUP works better…when you're looking through an array…or a table of information.…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.