In this video, learn how to use AutoFill to quickly fill cells using existing cells where there is a pattern, such as days of the week, months of the year, and any sequence of numbers where the pattern is consistent.
- [Instructor] You know, Excel here in Office 365,…it's all about saving you time and effort…as you build your workbooks.…One of my favorite time saving features is autofill.…That's what we're going to explore in this movie…with our Red30 revenues 2019 sheet we've been building,…R30Revenues0106, if you're catching up.…Let's test this out before we actually use it.…We'll click anywhere over here in an empty cell,…let's say cell N4.…Now let's type in the first day of the week, Monday,…and press Enter.…
Now, that's not a pattern, per se,…but it is a day of the week.…If we go over to that cell and select it with a click…and go down to that little green handle we used…to copy formulas earlier, and click and drag down,…it's not gonna copy Monday to the next cell.…Notice a little popup showing Tuesday, then Wednesday,…and as we get all the way down to Sunday and keep going,…it starts over at Monday again,…so we could get two weeks' worth,…and release, it's automatically filled for us.…That just saved us a lot of time…
- Explore efficient methods for adding functions and formulas.
- Format text, numbers, dates, and times.
- Save, share, and print your workbooks.
- Recognize how to freeze panes to control your view.
- Recall methods for protecting documents.