Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating values without formulas, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Mastering Formulas and Functions.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Sometimes you might want to change the content of cells…without actually using formulas.…In this particular worksheet called Update Values,…I'm going to scroll to the left so we can see…that in columns A through K here…we've got some information.…Perhaps these are index numbers…recorded for each month for a given state.…You are very familiar with the data…and the history of this data…and you recognize that whoever…prepared this information somehow made a mistake…and each of these numbers is five lower than it should be.…You'd like to bump them all up by five.…
It would take us some time to do this manually,…but without formulas we can simply…change these by adding to them.…Simply click an empty cell nearby,…put in the incremental value, five.…We can add, subtract, multiply…or divide by this number.…All we need to do is copy this.…You could press cmd c or right click copy.…Then select the data in question…and we need to go to Paste Special.…You can do this by way of right click…or keystroke shortcut cmd + ctrl + v.…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Excel 2013: Managing and Analyzing Datawith Dennis Taylor2h 2m Intermediate
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.