Learn which properties are automatically captured by Excel and how to add or update other workbook properties. Author Jen McBee demonstrates how to search and remove hidden workbook properties, a skill you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS
- [Instructor] Knowing how to insert or update properties…in a workbook such as updating the author's name…or the status of the document is a skill that you might…be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.…You may also be asked to remove or scrub…personal information, also known as metadata,…from the document properties.…In this video, we will review adding, editing,…and removing document properties such as author,…title of the document, the subject, and I'll also show you…how you can inspect the document to scrub it…and remove all of that metadata.…
I have the 02_05 Exercise File open…so let's tackle this topic.…When we want to edit or just review the properties…of a document we need to go to the backstage area.…Now, backstage just refers to the different tabs…underneath the File tab.…So let's click on File.…The Info tab usually is the default tab that shows up…and look over on the right-hand side.…These are all of the properties of our document.…The size, the status, company name,…when it was last modified, when it was created,…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.