Oz du Soleil shows one of the most powerful features in Get & Transform in Excel 2016. How do you "unwind" data that looks like a PivotTable, and get it back to being just rows and columns? In native Excel, this is a complex and messy task. In Get & Trans
- This is exciting.…Unpivot.…This type of thing was painful to do in Excel.…This is beautiful.…Here, let's jump in.…Alright.…This feature, Unpivot, allows us to create what's called,…a flat file, which is a conversion of a report…into raw rows and columns.…Here, this report was created…for somebody who wants to know,…okay, what were the sales of pants…for the Northeast in February?…Easy.…
But, in the real world,…we might have several questions we want to answer…from this data, and it's all here, we just can't get at it.…What about the overall sales of clothing versus electronics?…What are the top three items in sales…regardless of the store or month?…We can answer those if this was a flat file.…Just raw rows and columns.…And we're going to make an unpivot and get at that.…Okay, cursor in the data set.…
Data.…From Table.…Here it is.…Okay, now we have to think,…we would like a month column here…and sales data in its own column.…So, sales are our values, so what we need to unpivot…are the columns January, February, and March.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.