Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding sorting concepts and Sort menu options, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Managing and Analyzing Data.
- In this workbook we are looking…at a worksheet called Concepts.…The most important data management tools…for most Excel users…are sorting and filtering.…You'll find them both on the Data menu,…at the top of the screen there's Sort, there's Filter.…You'll also find them in the ribbon menu system…on the Data tab, off to the left,…Sort and Filter.…Sorting nearly always means…rearranging the order of rows…or at least partial rows.…For example in this list here,…we might wanna move these rows up and down…on the basis of Employee Name,…otherwise alphabetize the entire list.…
Rarely but occasionally you might want to sort…by rearranging columns left to right.…That's covered in a later movie in this course.…Before sorting there are a few…basic steps you should take.…First of all, if you are familiar with this data…you know that there are 700 rows…or 800 rows or 1000s possibly.…If you're not familiar with the data,…click on the cell somewhere on the data,…then double-click the bottom edge.…Now double-clicking the bottom edge…
- Multiple-key sorting
- Sorting columns left-to-right
- Filtering columns
- Creating a top-ten list with values or percentages
- Using Advanced Filter for complex filters
- Setting up subtotals
- Using the Remove Duplicates command
- Using SUMIF, COUNTIF, and related functions
- Working with the database functions, such as DSUM and DMAX
Skill Level Intermediate
Financial Literacy: Reading Financial Reportswith Rudolph Rosenberg1h 25m Appropriate for all
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
Migrating from Excel 2008 for Mac to Excel 2011with David Rivers1h 10m Appropriate for all
1. Sorting Data
2. Filtering Data
3. Advanced Filter
4. Creating Automatic Subtotals in Sorted Lists
5. Eliminating Duplicate Data
6. Data Analysis Tools
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.