Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding mining structures, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- Alright I have SQL Server Management Studio open.…Now don't be concerned here.…We are going to be working over in Excel.…But right now, I want to show you…the concept of a mining structure.…And if you remember,…the basis of a mining structure is we go out,…and we find data that we have in our…underlying data repositories,…and we bring that in, and that's the data that…we're going to be using when we do data mining.…So we're gonna take the structure,…and then apply a model to it.…
So here, I have open both Analysis Services,…and I also have open the standard database.…And in the database, what I wanna show you…is I have "AdventureWorksDW2012".…That's a downloadable database from Microsoft,…and they version it, everytime they…put out a new version of SQL.…So if we look at that...…Now if I extract down into a view,…again I don't expect you to really…understand views in SQL, et cetera,…but a view if you will,…is really a security implementation,…but it's a subset of tables,…and we can do things within it.…
So here's a view, "TargetMail".…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.