Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding mining models, part of Learning Excel Data-Mining.
- We have the mining structure,…and we apply certain algorithms to the mining structure,…and that gives us a mining model.…As you see down here, we have five of these,…and if you'll notice, the names…kind of match into our algorithms.…You remember we told you that a mining structure…can support multiple algorithms,…because some of these algorithms…are very similar to each other.…It's very common to use multiple algorithms…against a mining structure, so you can let one algorithm…verify the results of another one,…or to see which of the algorithms that are similar…give you the most understandable results.…
If we look at cluster mining here,…which takes the structure and applies an algorithm,…and I right click and say Browse,…up pops a cluster diagram because we're using…the clustering algorithm down here,…and so we have this clustering diagram.…Don't be real concerned if you don't understand…what you're seeing in here.…When we go over into Excel,…we're going to go into this in more detail.…Right now, we're on Analysis Services,…
- Recognize the factors involved in building an environment.
- Define models, induction, and prediction.
- Determine key concepts in Excel data-mining.
- Analyze key influencers.
- Break down how to utilize the detect categories tool.
- Recognize where and when to use the Shopping Basket Analysis.
Skill Level Intermediate
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 34m Beginner
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Intermediate
Learning Microsoft Business Intelligence Stackwith Ron Davis43m 35s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.