Instructor Josh Rischin provides an overview of the basic features of Excel Online.
- [Instructor] With Excel Online, you can take…basic data and transform it into something interactive…and powerful.…If you'd like to follow along, make sure you have…XOL Customer Data open.…As you can see in this case, the data on its own,…it doesn't look very pretty.…However, in a few simple steps,…we can transform it into something meaningful and engaging.…For example, let's highlight our Header row…and change the Fill color from white…to this light blue.…If we highlight our four columns,…we can easily resize them by highlighting…the four columns and clicking anywhere between two.…
And as you can see, the columns are automatically resized.…We can simply and easily change the format of our numbers…by highlighting our numbers in column E…all the way down to the bottom…selecting this comma style and then decreasing…our decimals to zero decimal places.…Let's scroll back up to the top of our data.…Let's highlight row four, navigate to the data tab,…and select filter.…This enables us to easily filter and analyze our data.…
Note: This course is for users who know the basics of the Excel desktop app, but are new to the web browser version, Excel Online. It emphasizes features that work differently in Excel Online. For basic Excel guidance, please see Learning Excel 2016 or Excel 2016 Essential Training.
- Creating and editing workbooks
- Integrating the desktop version of Excel
- Sharing workbooks and assigning access privileges
- Creating charts
- Designing forms and surveys