Upgrading from Office 2003 to Office 2016 is by no means mandatory, but there are many good reasons to make the switch. In this movie, you will know some of the main advantages to migrating to Office 2016, such as the lack of support for Office 2003, the new, more logical user interface, and imrproved features and functions thoughout the Office suite.
- [Voiceover] The truth is, if you're using Office 2003…and you like it and it's doing everything you need it to do,…you don't have to upgrade to Office 2016.…Outside of a workplace upgrade,…no one is going to force you to upgrade on your own.…Switching to Office 2016 is by no means mandatory,…but it is a good idea and here's why.…Firstly, support for Office 2003 ended in 2014,…so you won't get any assistance, updates,…and most importantly, no security updates to protect your PC…and personal information from viruses, spyware,…and other malicious malware.…
Another good reason to upgrade is Office 2016 is,…quite simply, a solid upgrade.…To help you decide whether to make the switch or not,…here are some more things you should know about Office 2016…versus Office 2003.…Office 2016 has been redesigned to integrate with the Cloud.…With OneDrive, previously known as SkyDrive,…you can save and share your files in the Cloud…with greater ease, so you can access them from any device…anywhere where you have a connection to the internet.…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.