For those migrating from Word 2010 to Word 2016, there is good news regarding file formats. The same xml based .docx file format used in Word 2010 is used in 2016. In this movie, you will know the differences between .doc, .pdf, and various .docx formats when opening files in Word 2016, and how to recognize .docx files create in older versions of Word.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] In this chapter,…we're going to shift our focus to Microsoft Word,…migrating from Word 2010 to 2016,…and we're gonna start with some good news…regarding file formats.…Here in Word 2016,…you'll work with the exact same file format…your accustomed to working within Word 2010.…That is a Word document with the extension .docx.…So, those documents you were working with in Word 2010,…you'll simply open up here in Word 2016.…There's no conversion necessary.…That being said, there are some new features here…in Microsoft Word that did not exist in Word 2010,…so you might see some funny things happen on your screen…when working with those older documents.…
That's what we're going to talk about right now.…Notice I've closed up everything here on Word 2016.…You can do the same if you're following along with me,…and click file, and then open.…We're going to open some files from…our chapter two folder of the exercise file.…We'll go to browse, and mine are on the desktop,…you can see chapter two already opened up here.…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
Office 2016 and Office 365 New Featureswith David Rivers46m 29s Appropriate for all
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.