This video provides an overview of Microsoft Office Specialist certification, benefits of becoming certified, and the three levels of certification.
- [Instructor] Let's review the three different levels…of Microsoft Office Specialist certifications…that you can obtain.…First, the Microsoft Office Specialist.…A Microsoft Office Specialist, or MOS,…is an individual who's demonstrated expertise…by passing a certification exam…in one or more Office programs, such as you see here.…Moving on to the second level…is our Microsoft Office Specialist Expert.…Now, this is an individual that's taken their knowledge…of Office to the next level, demonstrating their mastering…of more advanced features based on Word or Excel.…
The MOS Expert exams for Word and Excel…consist of two exams for each program,…each having several projects with multiple tasks.…To obtain the Expert level,…you need only pass two exams,…either the Word Expert 1 and 2…or the Excel Expert 1 and 2.…Our final level is the Microsoft Office Specialist Master.…A MOS Master is an individual…who's demonstrated their expertise…in both Word and Excel.…The MOS Master candidate…will first select one of three tracks,…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Advanced
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.