Cloud storage creates opportunities to get anywhere access to files from connected devices such as smart phones and tablets but also to make sharing and collaborating on files fast and simple. In this movie, you will know how to get access to free cloud storage through a Microsoft account, you will know how to save a file to the cloud, and you will know how to share a file stored in the cloud with others for collaboration.
- [Voiceover] If you're not already experienced…with cloud computing, you've probably at least heard of it.…Well Microsoft is pushing us in the direction…of cloud computing, so we should talk about it now,…and we'll do so with Microsoft Word,…even though this will apply to PowerPoint…and Excel, and the other apps where we can…save files to the cloud.…And there's some really good reasons why we might want to.…As you can see here, Microsoft Word,…I have the Best of Landon Hotels Guide opened up.…You can open it from the Chapter 1 folder…of your exercise files, if you're following along,…and you'll also notice, in the top right-hand corner…that I'm logged in with my credentials.…
I see my name up at the top as signed in.…Well let's talk about what the cloud is, first of all.…If you have a Microsoft account,…it could be an old Hotmail account,…Windows Live account, Outlook.com account,…they're all the same thing, and with those accounts…you get free cloud storage.…Now if you need more storage, Microsoft is happy…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.