Microsoft is pushing users in the direction of using the cloud for storing files and sharing files with others. In this movie, you will better understand what the cloud is and how to access cloud storage from the Office 2016 apps. You will also know how to use the Share tab to save a file to the cloud in preparation for sharing that file with others.
- [Voiceover] One noticeable change for users…migrating from Office 2003 to 2016…is going to be something called cloud computing.…If you're not familiar with it,…we're going to spend a moment now discussing…cloud computing and Office 2016.…You're going to find that Microsoft is nudging you…in the direction of using cloud computing.…When you log into your Microsoft account,…could be a Windows Live account,…and old Hotmail account, or an new Outlook.com account,…you're going to see your credentials up here…on the top-right corner of your app.…
In this case, I'm working in Word,…but you could be in Excel or PowerPoint,…and if you're not logged in,…you can sign in from here to your account.…And once you're signed in, you'll see…that you're going to be nudged in the direction…of using the cloud.…For example, here in Word, if we wanted…to start typing something like,…User Conference 2016, hit Return,…and now I want to save this,…going up to File, clicking Save,…it's going to give us some options…beginning with cloud options.…
- Understanding user interface differences
- Working in Compatibility mode
- Opening and editing PDFs in Word 2016
- Using templates and images
- Creating macro-enabled workbooks in Excel 2016
- Exploring PowerPoint themes, transitions, and animations
- Importing Outlook contacts, email, and calendars into Outlook 2016
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.