Microsoft is pushing users in the direction of using the cloud for storing files and sharing files with others. In this movie, you will better understand what the cloud is and how to access cloud storage from the Office 2016 apps. You will also know how to use the Share tab to save a file to the cloud in preparation for sharing that file with others.
- [Voiceover] One noticeable change for users…migrating from Office 2003 to 2016…is going to be something called cloud computing.…If you're not familiar with it,…we're going to spend a moment now discussing…cloud computing and Office 2016.…You're going to find that Microsoft is nudging you…in the direction of using cloud computing.…When you log into your Microsoft account,…could be a Windows Live account,…and old Hotmail account, or an new Outlook.com account,…you're going to see your credentials up here…on the top-right corner of your app.…
In this case, I'm working in Word,…but you could be in Excel or PowerPoint,…and if you're not logged in,…you can sign in from here to your account.…And once you're signed in, you'll see…that you're going to be nudged in the direction…of using the cloud.…For example, here in Word, if we wanted…to start typing something like,…User Conference 2016, hit Return,…and now I want to save this,…going up to File, clicking Save,…it's going to give us some options…beginning with cloud options.…
- Describe how to customize the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Summarize cloud computing and how to use OneDrive.
- Explain how to search with the navigation pane.
- Recall how to convert older versions of templates to Word 2016.
- Describe how to use formulas and functions.
- Cite how to format a workbook.
- Summarize how to create charts with the Recommended Charts tool.
- Explain how to animate objects with transitions and animations.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.