While file formats for PowerPoint presentation files have not changed from PowerPoint 2010 to 2016, there are some new formats you can save to. In this movie, you will know how to save to new formats such as mpeg 4 and strict open xml formats, and check compatibility with older versions of PowerPoint from 97 to 2003.
- [Voiceover] It's time to shift our focus now…over to PowerPoint, and the good news for anyone…migrating from PowerPoint 2010 to 2016…is the five formats have remained exactly the same.…In fact, if you were to open up a PowerPoint presentation…like this one, Landon Hotel 0401 created in PowerPoint 2010,…you won't even see compatibility mode show up at the top,…and that's because there hasn't been a big difference…in the features and functions between the versions.…There are, however, a couple of new options to save to,…and when we go up to the File tab and go down to Save As,…and you can be working with this file or any file,…we're gonna look at the Save As options for file formats.…
You can see the default is at PPTX Extension.…Click the drop down, you're gonna see some familiar ones…like macro enabled presentations.…There's the older format, 97 to 2003 that used…the PPT extension, but here's a cool one, MPEG 4 video.…You can now save to a movie file.…So if you're going to share your presentations with people…
- Describe when you would use Touch mode.
- Explain how to use the navigation pane to search a document.
- Name the tool that converts older versions of templates to new versions.
- Cite the tool that allows you to create charts quickly.
- Recall how to separate data from one column into two columns.
- Describe the features of Presenter view and explain when you would use it.
- Explain sneak peek and when you would use it.
- Cite the pane where you can get weather updates.
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.