Excel 2016 uses the same file format as Excel 2010, but when sharing Excel files with others who may not have upgraded to Excel 2016 as of yet, compatibility with those older versions of Excel is important. In this movie, you will know how to use the compatibility checker to check compatibility with several older versions of Excel as well as how to convert older versions of documents to the latest version of Excel 2016.
- [Voiceover] It's time to shift our focus to Excel 2016,…and the good news for those migrating…from Excel 2010 to 2016 is the exact same file format…has been used since Excel 2003.…So you won't have any issues opening up…your Excel files here in Excel 2016.…However, there are some new features and functions…that were not available back in Excel 2010,…so compatibility mode kicks in, just like we saw…with Microsoft Word in the previous chapter.…We're going to explore this with a couple of files,…so with Excel open, let's go to the file tab,…and click open and browse to browse…to the chapter three folder of your exercise files.…
We're gonna look at the first two files,…which have the same name, LH_sheet0301,…but you'll notice that the icons…look a little bit different.…The first one uses the older format…that was used in Excel 97 to 2003…with the XLS extension.…Then we have the exact same thing, LH_sheet0301…with the new XML based extension, XLSX.…You can see it there, check out the file sizes here.…About half the size for the exact same content…
- Understanding the user interface changes
- Exploring Touch mode
- Maintaining compatibility with older versions of Office
- Opening and editing PDF files in Word
- Creating Excel charts quickly
- Exploring presentation themes in PowerPoint 2016
- Migrating email to Outlook 2016
- Using Outlook notes
Skill Level Beginner
1. Get Started
2. Migrate to Word 2016
3. Migrate to Excel 2016
4. Migrate to PowerPoint 2016
5. Migrate to Outlook 2016
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.