Join Ron Davis for an in-depth discussion in this video Types of data-mining algorithms, part of Excel Data-Mining Fundamentals.
- Types of Data-Mining Algorithms.…Classification.…This is probably the most popular data-mining algorithm,…simply because the results are very easy to understand.…Decision trees, which are a type of classification,…try to predict value of a column or columns…based on the relationships…between the columns you have identified.…Decision trees also determine…which input columns are most highly correlated…to your prediction column.…Use the decision tree algorithm…when you want to try to predict…if a customer will buy your product…or what characteristics make a person…potentially a good customer.…
For example, if you want to determine which customers…you should send coupons to,…then a decision tree may help you decide…if a potential person has the qualities…and characteristics of past customers.…Regression.…This algorithm is used to predict continuous variables…using continuous inputs.…Remember when we talked about attributes,…there were discrete and there were continuous?…Regression needs continuous.…Use a regression algorithm when you need to compute a trend,…
- Solving business problems with data mining
- Exploring Excel's data-mining algorithms
- Data mining with Excel SQL Server Analysis Services
- Using the Data Preparation tab
- Detecting categories
- Using the Prediction Calculator
Skill Level Intermediate
Cleaning Up Your Excel 2013 Datawith Dennis Taylor1h 59m Appropriate for all
Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2012with Gerry O'Brien5h 35m Beginner
Excel 2013: Data Validation in Depthwith Dennis Taylor1h 5m Intermediate
Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack Fundamentalswith Ron Davis43m 39s Intermediate
1. Data-Mining Concepts
2. The Microsoft Data-Mining Algorithms
The Microsoft algorithms3m 32s
3. Data Mining between Excel and SQL Server Analysis Services
Understanding mining models2m 33s
4. Using the Data-Mining Add-ins in Excel
Next steps2m 32s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.