Oz du Soleil addresses the common need to bring two different data sets together into one by stacking one on top of the other—formally called appending data. See how easily this is done in Get & Transform.
- [Narrator] Now I'm going to show you how…to append two data sets in Get & Transform.…If you want to follow along pull up…the Append Two Data Sets exercise file.…Here we have two data sets…that represent two sessions of mandatory fun…that was hosted by a company.…Right now, our goal is to just sweep the data up,…get it stacked up into one big list.…To do that, we're going to do an append in Get & Transform.…Both data sets are already in tables…and now we have to create queries so…that then we can use Get & Transform.…
Here we go.…With the cursor in a data set,…I'll go to Data, From Table.…There's our data.…I'm going to close this as a Connection Only,…loading it to the workbook would only load data…that we already have, Close and Load.…Only Create Connection, Load.…And notice on the right side…that our session one query is indeed…loaded as a connection only.…Now let's make our session two query.…Select the data set.…
From Table, Close and Load, as a connection,…Load.…Now we can append our session one and session two queries.…
AuthorOz du Soleil
- What is Get & Transform?
- Querying data
- Working with columns
- Using formulas
- Pivoting and unpivoting data
- Grouping data
- Appending a query
- Merging/combining data with joins
Skill Level Intermediate
1. What Is Get & Transform?
2. Working with Queries
3. Working with Columns
4. Working with Formulas
5. Pivoting and Unpivoting Data
Group data2m 31s
7. Appending a Query
8. Merging Data with Joins
9. Putting It All Together and Applying Your Learning
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.