Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Tracking cell dependencies and locating formula sources, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
- We're looking at a worksheet called Auditing Tools.…Let's imagine that we've come to recognize…that cell B3 is fairly important.…It's referred to by a number of formulas in this sheet.…We've recognized that.…For example, cell B7 refers back to B3.…We've got the cell G1, it also has a reference to cell B3.…But we'd like to find all the cells in…this worksheet which could change if we change cell B3.…If we do this manually, it's gonna take a long time.…We probably have that nagging feeling…that we didn't find all the references.…
We can find all dependent cells.…In other words, all those cells…that depend upon this value in B3,…by simply referring to on the formulas tab…in the ribbon an option called Trace Dependents.…Description: show arrows that indicate what cells…are affected by a value of selected cell.…So, B3 is selected.…Let's trace the dependents.…Click this once and we see arrows pointing…to cells that have a direct reference back to cell B3.…
But there could be formulas that depend…upon these cells as well…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.