How do you make sure that every single ad is relevant to the audience you're targeting? With Excel it's easy to insert copy automatically to build relevant ads at scale.
- [Instructor] It's important in marketing that the ad…that you show matches the audience that you show it to.…But doing this at scale can be difficult and time consuming…unless you know how to manipulate text in Excel.…If you'd like to follow along go to exercise file 4.3,…text manipulation for ad copy generation.…This is an example of an ad…that would run on Google Adwords.…If the user searches for cheap flights,…we want to make sure that our ad says cheap flights too.…That's going to improve the click through rate of the ad…and ultimately the performance.…
But there are specific character limits with the ads.…In Adwords, for example, you have two headlines,…both with 30 characters each…and a description with 80 characters.…How do we know how many characters we have…in headline one, two, and the description?…Well, we can use the LEN formula.…If we click in here and go equals 30 minus LEN,…choose this cell.…We can see we have three characters left.…
We can drag this down and change this to 80.…There we go.…Our description is exactly the right length…
Michael begins with the basics, showing how to work with marketing data sources and explaining basic formulas for analysis. Next, he walks through how to build a data-driven marketing plan, including mapping out your marketing funnel, reviewing volume vs. cost tradeoff, and running A/B testing. Michael shows how to analyze a campaign's performance, working with PivotTables, charts, and dashboards. Finally, he demonstrates how to set up marketing campaigns in bulk, including manipulating text for ad copy generation and automating the most boring, repetitive tasks with macros.
- Cleaning up data formatting
- Using formulas for analysis
- Building a data-driven marketing plan
- Top-down vs. bottom-up marketing plans
- Running A/B tests
- Analyzing campaign performance
- Plotting data visually
- Building report templates and dashboards
- Building bulksheets for bulk campaigns on AdWords and Facebook