When speaking about measuring marketing performance, there is no way to get around the concept of attribution. In this video, learn about that concept and what it means for measuring the performance and ROI of your marketing activities.
- [Instructor] When speaking about…measuring marketing performance,…there's no way to get around the concept of attribution.…In this video, we learn about it…and what it means for measuring the performance…and ROI of our marketing activities.…Let's start by defining what attribution is.…Attribution is the concept of telling…which one of your marketing activities…has enabled you to make a sale.…For example, if you have been running…different marketing campaigns, events,…and activities on social media,…when making a sale, you want to be able…to say which one was the origin of that sale…so you can determine the result of your actions…and say which marketing activity is successful.…
In some instances, it is easy to tell…because there's only one activity involved.…For example, you have a contact…to whom you have sent emailing campaigns forever…and that has recently purchased a product…by clicking on the call to action…of one of your emailing campaigns.…There's no ambiguity here.…This is clearly a result of…your emailing campaign activities.…
- Evaluating marketing's business contribution
- Analyzing results vs. vanity metrics
- Extracting raw data to build dashboards
- Reducing human errors
- Analyzing marketing activities
- Linking actions to business impact
- Analyzing your account database and contacts database
- Analyzing paid ads and social media
- Using a common framework to analyze marketing activities
- Analyzing individual marketing activities over time
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Marketing Cycle and Business Contribution
2. Analyzing Marketing Activities
3. Improving Marketing Performance Using the Natural Selection Process
Next steps2m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.