Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Tabulating information on multiple criteria with COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS, part of Excel 2010: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
In this worksheet called MultipleCriteria, we want to show you three…interrelated functions. And just as there is a COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF…function, there is also a corresponding set, ending in the letter S: COUNTIFS,…SUMIFS, and AVERAGE IFS.…These allow us to search for multiple criteria.…For example, we want to know the account of how many of our full time people…have a job rating of 5.…
If we simply wanted to count how many people are full time, we'll use a COUNTIF.…And notice that I'm typing here we do see the functions play out here.…We want to use COUNTIFS.…I'll just click it here and then press tab. Pop that into place.…You'll notice here it says criteria range 1. Although we can't say the rest of it,…that's going to be criterion, even though it is plural there.…And then we can have another set and another set.…So, let's just start off simply here. What are we looking for?…We are looking for, in column B--comma--the full time people.…
Double quote, Full Time.…This possibly could be referred to in a cell off to the right. Comma. What also…
- Referencing, copying, updating, and converting formulas
- Using the logical functions and creating compound logic tests
- Searching for and matching data based on specific criteria
- Reconfiguring cell data using text functions
- Calculating dates, times, and days of the week
- Analyzing mathematical and financial data
- Using the power functions, COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, and AVERAGEIFS
- Working with rounding functions
- Returning cell references
Skill Level Advanced
1. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
2. Formula and Function Tools
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Power Functions
6. Statistical Functions
7. Date Functions
8. Math Functions
9. Array Formulas and Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Financial Functions
12. Information Functions
13. Reference Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.