Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Tabulating blank cells with COUNTBLANK, part of Excel 2011 for the Mac: Advanced Formulas and Functions.
- In this worksheet called COUNTBLANK…we're looking at the data in columns M through R,…and it represents different salespersons…and how many sales were made on given days.…What we'd like to know…is how many person-days were there…when there was not a sale?…In other words, Rick Combs, for example,…had two days when there were no sales,…David Gonzalez, one.…What we really want to do though…is count the blank cells.…There is a function in Excel called…COUNTBLANK.…Let's just use it nearby here…=COUNTBLANK.…
When you're typing certain function names,…if you used it recently it might appear in the list…here at the top.…As soon as I type "C" and then "O"…the list to the right shrinks substantially.…We could also pick it out of the list here.…How about a "U"? There's a shorter one.…So as soon as we see it in the list,…either here or there,…you certainly can click it and…it automatically pops into place.…Where's the range we're looking?…Simply these cells right here.…As I press Return, we've got an answer.…There are 12 cells within that list…
- Using absolute, relative, and mixed references
- Using the Formula Builder
- Converting formulas to values
- Creating 3D formulas to gather data from multiple sheets
- Creating and expanding the use of nested IF statements
- Looking up information with VLOOKUP, MATCH, and INDEX
- Using the power functions: COUNTIF, SUMIF, and AVERAGEIF
- Analyzing data with the statistical functions
- Calculating payment
- Performing basic math
- Determining dates and times
- Editing text with functions
- Analyzing data with arrays
Skill Level Advanced
Excel for Mac 2011 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 32m Beginner
1. Formula and Function Tools
2. Formula and Function Tips and Shortcuts
3. IF and Related Functions
4. Lookup and Reference Functions
5. Statistical Functions
6. Power Functions
7. Selected Financial Functions
8. Selected Math Functions
9. Date and Time Functions
10. Text Functions
11. Array Formulas and Functions
12. Reference Functions
13. Information Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.