There are several options when it comes to PivotTable report layouts, and a number of ways to customize the look and feel of your tables. In this video, Chris reviews these options and discusses the pros and cons of each.
- [Narrator] Next up I want to talk…about table layouts and styles.…This is a really important lecture because…there are a few reasons why you very well may want…to use different types of table layouts…and in fact, the default options that Excel provides,…in my opinion, really aren't the most useful formats at all.…So let's take a walk through and I'll…show you what some of these options are.…So again, within PivotTable Tools you've got…analyze options and design options.…For this lecture let's focus on the design tab.…And here you've got your layout choices on the left…and all of your style options to the right.…
Now, the style options really speak for themselves.…Just like you could format a table,…you can also format a PivotTable with all of these…different stock templates that Excel provides.…Personally, I like to keep it simple.…Just go with one of the light options.…If you don't want any formatting at all,…you can choose the upper left option.…Let's just stick with something kind of like this.…And then other style options here,…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.