…When you add scenarios to a workbook, it can be…difficult to remember exactly which values are in which scenario.…You might also step away from a workbook for…a few days or few weeks, and forget everything.…That's why its helpful to create a summary worksheet that…contains your worksheets original values, and the values of each scenario.…In this movie, I will show you how to create a…scenario summary and I'll base my work on the summarize workbook,…which you can find in the chapter one folder of your exercise files archive.…This workbook already has some scenarios applied to this worksheet.…
To display those, I'll click the data tab.…Click, what if analysis, in the data tools group, and click scenario manager.…When I do, the scenario manager dialog box opens and…you can see that I have three scenarios in it.…To create a summary worksheet,…I'll click the summary button.…Doing so displays the scenario summary dialogue box and I…can select the type of report that I want to create,…in this case I'll stay with scenario summary instead of…
- Explain how to create a scenario in Excel.
- Identify the two input values that should be used to create a two variable data table.
- Recall what the Excel feature Goal Seek is used for.
- Recognize the three things that must be separated from one another to make reading a worksheet with multiple units easier.
- Describe the tools that Excel provides to manipulate data.
- Break down the steps required to recalculate a worksheet's formulas.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Defining Scenarios and Data Tables
2. Creating Goal Seek and Solver Models
3. Creating a Configurable Model
4. Performing Monte Carlo Simulation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.