Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Summarizing more than one data field, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When most users visualize a PivotTable,…they see it with a single data set in the data area.…While that is certainly the most common configuration,…you can summarize more than one data field at a time.…In this movie, I will use the MoreThanOne Excel workbook,…that's a sample file you can find in the Chapter 2 folder…of your exercise files collection,…to demonstrate how to do that.…My sample file contains a number of fields.…
Those include Year, Quarter, Month,…Room Type, and Revenue.…This workbook also contains another data set,…and that is the number of Reservations.…If I want to display both Revenue and Reservations…in my PivotTable,…all I need to do is drag the Reservations field…from the field list to the VALUES area.…Doing so, adds the Reservations field to the data area.…And you can see, in 2014, that, for the Cambridge rooms,…I had reservations totaling 5,564.…
And for the Piccadilly rooms,…reservations totaled 4,422.…And you can see similar totals for 2015.…If I want, I can also add a second copy…of an existing field.…
- Identify how to format data for use in a PivotTable.
- Discover how to create a new PivotTable.
- Define how to connect to data sources.
- Evaluate and consolidate data from multiple data sources.
- Identify how to create calculated fields.
- Summarize field data.
- Review PivotTable sorting.
- Review PivotTable filters.
- Discover how to work with Excel slicers.
- Recall how to format PivotTables with styles and formats.
- Assess how to build PivotCharts.
- Assess how to run macros.
- Evaluate how to create a PivotTable using the data model.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.