In this video, learn how to summarize all the expenses that have been calculated in the budget model into one simple summary table in Excel.
- [Instructor] Let's say that you have calculated…all of the business's expense budgets…but they're in different worksheets in the model…and we want to bring all this information together…and summarize in a simple table.…If you'd like to follow along with me,…have my business budget expenses open…and navigate to the expense plan worksheet.…You'll notice that we have already…prepared a table here but it's blank.…We need to populate this with…all of the business's expenses.…If we navigate to the expense types worksheet,…you'll notice that we have expenses here already.…
So all I'm going to do is select these cells…and copy by selecting control C on the keyboard,…navigate back to the expense plan worksheet…and, rather than paste, I'm going to paste values.…We can do this a few ways.…I'm just going to right click, select paste special,…and then values, and then select okay on the keyboard,…and we have now populated all of the expense types…that we need in our summary table.…Some of these expenses have already been calculated…
- Identify why it is a good idea to use Excel when creating a business budget.
- Examine the importance of revenue drivers when putting together a business budget.
- Recognize how to calculate staff costs when creating a business budget.
- Explore the elements of preparing a concise report.
- Break down the fundamentals of enhanced reporting.
- Determine the best ways to utilize efficient updates.