PivotTables let you reorganize your data dynamically, but you’re not limited to just changing its arrangement. You can also select the summary operation and change the data’s formats.
- [Instructor] Pivot tables let you reorganize your data…dynamically, but you're not limited…to just changing its arrangement.…You can also change the format applied to the data field,…select the summary operation to be used…within the pivot table, and even refresh…the pivot table to see the most recent data.…In this movie, I will show you how to perform those tasks.…My sample file is the Manage Excel workbook,…which you can find in the Chapter One folder…of the exercise files collection.…I have already created my pivot table,…and you can see that I have yearly revenue data…for two different types of rooms in my hotel chain,…Cambridge and Piccadilly, for the years 2015 and 2016.…
One thing to note is that the numerical values…that indicate revenue are somewhat hard to read.…In fact, they're very hard to read.…If I didn't know these values were in the millions,…I would have to count one, two, three, four, five, six,…seven digits within each of the numbers and go from there.…If I want to change the format of the data field,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Managing data using Excel tables
- Managing PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Summarizing table and PivotTable data
- Defining conditional formats
- Creating sparklines
- Sketching your dashboard layout
- Creating and managing cell links
- Linking cell contents to a shape
- Linking to a PivotTable cell
- Extending your dashboard using hidden rows