Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Streamlining code references using With...End With statements, part of Up and Running with VBA in Excel.
Writing effective Excel VBA macros requires two related, but distinct skills.…The first skill is the knowledge of Excel Object model, so you can identify and…manipulate the objects you need to create your solution.…The second skill is efficiency.…You need to be able to write code that runs quickly, but that also can be…written and read quickly.…The less time you spend writing your code, the more time you'll have to work on other tasks.…One way to increase your programming efficiency is to use with end with…blocks in your code.…Rather than create an example by hand, I'll show you what happens when I record…a macro that has me changing two aspects of the value in cell A1.…
So to start, I will record macro, and I'll call it MakeBig, and I'm going to…change the display of the value in cell A1.…First, I'm going to change the font to Cambria, and then I shall make it 18…point, instead of 11.…That's all I need for demonstration purposes,…so I will stop recording the macro, and then go in to give you a look at what it did.…
- Working in the Visual Basic Editor
- Adding code to a macro
- Creating, exporting, and deleting code modules
- Declaring and using variables
- Managing variable scope
- Defining arrays
- Managing workbooks and worksheets with VBA
- Repeating tasks with loops
- Debugging VBA code
- Cutting, copying, and pasting cell data
- Running and triggering event procedures
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introducing Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
2. Defining Variables, Constants, and Calculations
3. Adding Logic to Your VBA Code
4. Debugging Your VBA Code
5. Managing Workbook Elements and Data in VBA
6. Adding Advanced Elements to Your Workbook
7. Using Excel Events in Your VBA Code
8. Putting It All Together
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.