Answer two questions to determine the best strategy for you to start with.
- If everyone had the means and the skills to,…many of us would want to build…and own the next billion dollar skyscraper…in New York or San Francisco.…But realistically as private investors…most of us are limited in our resources,…at least starting out and in our skillset.…See the amount and type of work it takes to do that…compared to buying and holding…a simple rental income property is the difference…between night and day.…
So as new investors, what are the best options?…Or better yet, what makes sense for beginners…when you're just starting out in real estate.…Now we've covered the indirect way previously,…i.e. investing in REITs or buying stocks of companies…that are very much tied to real estate,…but we're going to look at the direct options,…since that's more exciting anyways.…
Okay, now one good way to think of your options…is to answer these two questions.…One, do you have a good amount…of investment capital to start with?…In other words, could you easily come up…with a down payment that you need for a purchase?…
Note: This course uses data and example properties from the United States, but the concepts taught and tools provided are just as useful for any market.
- Determining if real estate investment is right for you
- Choosing a market and a property
- Using financing
- Strategies for first-time investors
- Real estate market cycles
- Valuing a property
- Analyzing your market
- How leverage impacts investments
- Real estate investment case studies
Skill Level Intermediate
Managing Your Personal Investmentswith Jane Barratt1h 31m Intermediate
Learning Real Estate Photographywith Scott Hargis3h 21m Beginner
Excel: Analyzing and Visualizing Cash Flowswith Curt Frye1h 16m Intermediate
Start here3m 29s
1. Case Study: Joe's First Investment
2. The Many Ways to Invest in Real Estate
3. Real Estate Market Cycles
4. How to Value a Property
5. Understanding Your Market
6. What Makes a Good Investment?
7. Understanding Leverage
8. Case Study: Rental Income Property Analysis
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.