In this video, the instructor guides you through the exact steps that Excel takes behind the scenes to calculate each cell containing a measure. This demonstration will be critical to troubleshooting calculation errors and understanding precisely how meas
- [Instructor] Let's take a minute and really drive home…this idea of filter context by walking through…a step-by-step measure calculation behind the scenes.…So we're essentially gonna replicate…what Excel is doing instantaneously…every time a measure gets calculated in a pivot table view.…So consider something simple like this.…We've got a total quantity measure broken down…by store country as row labels,…and if we isolate just the USA cell here,…let's figure out how exactly this measure is calculated.…
And remember we talked about how this kind of works,…where we're looking at the coordinates,…we're applying filter context.…This is gonna lay it out for you…in a little bit more of a visual way.…So hopefully it helps make it a little bit easier to grasp.…So keep in mind all of these steps…happen instantly behind the scenes.…You don't ever see it happen.…Tables aren't actually getting filtered in view.…It's all happening behind the scenes in memory.…So we've got a three-step process here…that happens every time a measure cell calculates.…
- Power Pivots versus normal pivots
- Creating calculated columns and measures
- Power Pivot and DAX best practices
- Math, stats, and COUNT functions
- CALCULATE, FILTER, and ALL functions
- Joining data with RELATED
- Using iterator functions (SUMX and RANKX)
- Time intelligence formulas
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started
Set expectations1m 46s
2. Power Pivot and DAX 101
3. Common DAX Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.