Join Dennis Taylor for an in-depth discussion in this video Standard date and time formats, part of Excel 2013: Working with Dates and Times.
…In this worksheet called Standard Date Time Formats, we see some data entries in…columns B and D, and some time entries in columns F, G, and I.…Standard date displays are probably the order of the day as we look at these…I think most people in the United States…these days are using these kinds of displays.…But it's not always the display you want.…Imagine if the display in column B we'd like to have it a bit narrower.…If you right click column B, provided there's nothing else in…column B except that additional label, you can easily enter, format cells.…
And on the number tab here, a group…of date formats, quite a few different choices here.…If all those dates happen to be within this same year, we…could choose an option here that simply displays the month and the day.…That might save us some horizontal space so at, for example, might look like this.…Another way to get into format cells, if…the data is already selected press control one.…Nearly always when you do this you will go to the…number tab, sometimes you might have to make that choice also.…
- Understanding how Excel records and stores dates and times
- Looking at standard date and time entry options and acceptable alternatives
- Using the TODAY and NOW functions
- Customizing date formats
- Using keyboard shortcuts
- Formatting time for hours over 24
- Calculating differences across dates and times
- Calculating the day of the week
- Working with holidays
- Validating dates
- Converting formatted dates to usable data
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Excel Date and Time Systems
2. Creating Date and Time Entries
Instant date and time entry1m 28s
3. Date and Time Formatting
4. Date and Time Functions
5. Calculating with Dates and Times
6. Using Dates and Times with Excel Commands
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.