In this video, Chris shows you how to create a PivotChart in the form of a stacked area chart, which is commonly used to visualize how values across multiple categories have changed over time.
- [Instructor] Okay, so up to this point,…we've done a really nice job…showing the composition of our data…using charts like columns, pies and donuts,…clustered and stacked bars.…Now let's say we want to give some sense…of trending as well, based on our release date data.…So let's go ahead and copy one of our pivots,…choose this third one, here,…select the entire pivot table, Control-C,…and then paste a fourth view…down here beneath our stacked bar chart,…and in this case, I'm going to update the view quite a bit,…so instead of showing the number of titles now,…I actually want to see how gross revenue moves.…
I'm going to use gross revenue as my values field,…and instead of showing the data by genre and rating,…I'm going to pull both of those fields out entirely…and drag release date into my row labels.…As usual, we get our auto grouping here,…since Excel has identified this as a date-specific field,…and in this case, that's a good thing,…since the idea here will be to show data…rolled up to the year level.…Now, if you're using an older version of Excel…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.