- [Instructor] As you work with lists in Excel,…it's not uncommon to want to rearrange the order of rows…within a list; we call that sorting.…And although there is a way to sort by columns,…moving columns left and right,…nearly always sort means let's rearrange the order…of the rows based on what we see in one or more columns.…As we look at this worksheet here, it's called Sorting,…it's in the workbook 10 - Data Management Features,…it appears to be sorted by…either column H or J descending order.…We might want to rearrange it by Department.…Any time you're about to sort a list,…if there's other data on the same worksheet,…I do have data off to the right, I need it there,…perhaps I've got more way off to the right too…I need that there but I certainly don't want…to sort it along with the other rows.…
So before sorting a list, always make sure…that your list is delineated…by at least an empty column on the right,…and if there happens to be date below it,…make sure you've got a few empty rows…separating that data as well.…
- Describe the process for adding a command to the Quick Access toolbar.
- Cite the shortcuts for Undo and Redo.
- Name the keys commonly used to move, copy, and insert data.
- Explain how to create a chart.
- Summarize the process for freezing and unfreezing panes.
- Describe methods for sorting data.
- Explain how to create Pivot Tables.
Skill Level Beginner
Q: This course was updated on 1/7/2019. What changed?
A: A new video was added that covers working with Excel Ideas.
Outlook 2019 Essential Trainingwith Jess Stratton2h 12m Beginner
1. Getting Started with Excel
2. Entering Data
3. Formulas and Functions
5. Adjusting Worksheet Layout and Data
8. Adjusting Worksheet Views
9. Multiple Worksheets and Workbooks
10. Data Management Features
11. Security and Sharing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.