Join Curt Frye for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting PivotTable data, part of Excel 2016: Pivot Tables in Depth.
- When you display your data in a PivotTable,…you might want to display all of the rows in the PivotTable…but change the order in which they're displayed.…In this movie, I will show you how to sort data…within your PivotTable.…My sample file is the Sorting Excel workbook,…and you can find that in the Chapter 3 folder…of the exercise files collection.…This workbook is arranged with fields…in both the rows and columns area.…
Along the columns, I have different room types.…There are four: Cambridge, Piccadilly,…Oxford, and Westminster.…And in the row area, I have year and quarter.…You can see that the years and quarters…are sorted into numerical order from lowest to highest.…However, that the Cambridge, Piccadilly, Oxford,…and Westminster rooms are not sorted…into alphabetical order.…The reason they're not,…is that this is the order the values occur…in the original data source.…
So, if you look back in the Excel table,…you will see Cambridge first,…followed by Piccadilly, Oxford, and Westminster.…If I want to sort those labels into alphabetical order…
- Formatting data for use in a PivotTable
- Creating a new PivotTable
- Connecting to data sources
- Consolidating data from multiple data sources
- Creating calculated fields
- Summarizing field data
- Sorting and filtering PivotTables
- Working with Excel slicers
- Formatting PivotTables with styles and formats
- Applying conditional formats
- Creating PivotCharts
- Printing PivotTables
- Running macros
- Creating a PivotTable using the data model
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Creating and Pivoting PivotTables
2. Summarizing PivotTable Data
3. Sorting and Filtering PivotTable Data
4. Formatting PivotTables
5. Applying Conditional Formats to PivotTables
6. Creating and Manipulating PivotCharts
7. Printing PivotTables
8. Manipulating PivotTables
Running an Excel macro6m 23s
9. Creating PivotTables Using the Data Model
Next steps1m 23s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.