Learn to sort data using various sort options. Author Jen McBee focuses on sorting on values and font color, two skills you may be asked to demonstrate on the Excel 2010 MOS exam.
- [Narrator] We now know several ways to filter our data,…but what about sorting the information?…You can sort by numeric value,…text value, cell color, font color,…cell icon, and sort on multiple columns.…During the Excel 2010 MOS Exam you may be asked…to sort the data in a worksheet in a specific order…using one or more columns.…In this video we'll learn three ways to sort our data…so that you'll be able to quickly finish that sorting task…on the MOS Exam and move on to the next question.…
I have the 09_03 Exercise File open,…so if you're ready, let's do some sorting.…Now in the last video we applied filters to our data.…Did you notice that when we were looking at the filter…options right at the top of the filter menu is…"Sort A to Z", and "Sort Z to A"?…We also have sort by color, and we can do a custom sort.…So, if you already have filters turned on,…you definitely can just use those sorting options.…
Let me hop over to the 2016 Sales datasheet,…and you can see that we do not have any filters applied here…
Explore the MOS certification program, its cost, and its format and walk through each Excel certification objective in detail. Get hands-on experience with free downloadable practice files and take the challenges to test your skills. The course wraps with a full-length, 50-minute practice exam.
- Preparing for the exam
- Saving Excel files in different formats
- Printing workbooks and worksheets
- Inserting headers, footers, and document properties
- Inserting, copying, and moving data
- Formatting cells and worksheets
- Creating, deleting, copying, and moving worksheets
- Splitting and arranging windows
- Creating basic and conditional logic formulas
- Creating named ranges to use in formulas
- Applying conditional formatting
- Creating charts
- Inserting and modifying SmartArt
- Filtering and sorting data
- Taking a full-length practice exam
Skill Level Intermediate
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Essential Trainingwith Nick Brazzi7h 55m Intermediate
1. Microsoft Office Specialist Exam Overview
Prepare for the exam2m 55s
2. Manage the Worksheet Environment
3. Create Cell Data
4. Format Cells and Worksheets
5. Manage Worksheets and Workbooks
6. Apply Formulas and Functions
7. Present Data Visually
8. Share Worksheet Data with Others
9. Analyze and Organize Data
10. Final Practice Exam
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.