In this video, the instructor demonstrates how to customize the solve order for fields that are included in multiple calculations, and produce documentation showing the calculated items and fields included in the PivotTable.
- [Instructor] All right, so as much as I'm not a fan…of calculated items, there are two more features…that I want to walk you through, in case you do…choose to use them.…And those features are in the Analyze tab,…Under the Fields, Items, and Sets menu,…and are called Solve Order and List Formulas.…So, to demonstrate those, I actually need…to recreate some calculated items.…So first things first, let's ungroup…this rating field that we've created,…so now we just have our original…list of four ratings, and I'm going to go ahead…and create that same calculated item…that we did in the last lecture, called Kids.…
Kids will equal G ratings plus PG.…Press OK.…Let's also go into the Design Options,…and turn off our grand totals.…And now what I want to do is actually…pull Color and Black and White into the columns field,…and it looks like actually I have three values,…one of which is this B and W version,…which doesn't seem to have any data,…so I can just filter that one out and only…include Black and Whites, and Color.…
- Establishing a layer convention and property filters
- Structuring your source data
- How PivotTables actually work
- Number formatting and conditional formatting
- Sorting and grouping options
- Troubleshooting incorrect sorting
- Value summarization and value calculation modes
- Inserting calculated items
- Visualizing data with PivotCharts
- Designing interactive dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Excel Data-Analysis (2015)with Curt Frye2h 24m Beginner
Part 1: Introduction1m 8s
1. Getting Started
Getting to know IMDb2m 21s
2. PivotTable 101
3. PivotTable Formatting
4. Sorting, Filtering, and Grouping
5. Calculated Values, Fields, and Items
6. Visualizing Data with PivotCharts
7. Wrapping Up
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.