The author shows how to solve the practice challenge.
- [Instructor] Welcome to the Solution video…for the Chapter 5 Challenge.…For this challenge, we use the 05_06 challenge…exercise file and I challenge you to complete…all the tasks in five minutes or less.…Let's go ahead and get started.…Our first task is to save the file…as my 05_06 challenge.…File save as, navigate to your desktop…to the chapter five folder, type in My in front…of the document title and click Save.…Next we're going to complete the task…on the Project One and Project Two worksheets.…
Here's Project One, create a Clustered Column Chart…in A13 that displays each Department,…the Hours worked and the Gross Pay.…I'll begin in A8.…Then come over to G9.…Hold down my control key so I can grab…the gross pay data and start in A11…and go over to G11.…We'll go to Insert Column.…Here's our Clustered Column Chart,…going to move that down to A13.…
Next, add a linear forecast trend line…that forecasts three periods for gross pay.…Let's go back and select our chart…and on the Design tab we'll go to Add Chart Element,…
The course begins with an overview of the certification program and its costs. Next, Jennifer walks through all of the certification objectives, including hands-on experience with downloadable sample documents, so you can practice as you go. She wraps up with a full-length practice test that emulates exam 77-427, together with solutions to each of the exam challenges.
- Reviewing the exam format and learning objectives
- Tracking, retaining, and displaying all changes
- Identifying and troubleshooting errors with tracing
- Applying custom formats and layouts
- Applying advanced conditional formatting
- Using functions to format cells and apply advanced filters
- Preparing a workbook for internationalization
- Creating advanced formulas
- Using the LOOKUP and TRANSPOSE functions
- Using functions to serialize dates and times
- Creating advanced charts and tables
Skill Level Beginner
1. Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Expert Exam Overview
2. Manage and Share Workbooks
Manage comments2m 57s
3. Apply Custom Formats and Layouts
4. Create Advanced Formulas
5. Create Advanced Charts and Tables
6. Full-Length MOS Expert Sample Exam for Excel 2013
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.