Slice-and-dice your sales data instantly with Excel Slicers for tables. Filter by sales rep, account, product, and more all at once!
- [Instructor] So as you've seen with sorting…and filtering,…you can put a lot time…and effort into getting…your data displayed just…the way that you want it.…When I do that and I distribute…a workbook…to people, I don't necessarily want…them to change the overall structure…of the data that I spent…a lot of time working on.…So, I generally turn off the filter buttons,…so they can't readily do it.…But, what if they still need the ability…to look at, let's say, just their own data?…What if a sales rep doesn't want…to look at everyone else's information?…There's this really cool tool called a Slicer.…
And so I'm going to go…to the Table Tools on the Ribbon…and click Insert Slicer.…And you'll see that the dialogue comes up…with all of my columns.…So I can slice and dice by pretty much…any column just like you can with a filter.…What a Slicer does, is give you a big button driven display…that makes it very easy to figure out what…you want to see.…So I'm going to select Sales Rep, Customer Name,…Category, Product Name.…Excel somewhat unceremoniously dumps…
- Using, modifying, and sharing templates
- Importing data from a database
- Cleaning up data
- Refreshing queries
- Pasting data
- Sorting and filtering tables
- Using slicers
- Adding a dynamic commission calculation
- Using conditional formatting
- Working with PivotTables and PivotCharts
- Creating a leaderboard
- Create period, monthly, and yearly summaries
- Creating dashboards
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Started with Templates
2. Importing Sales Data
3. Working with Tables
4. Analyzing Sales Data
5. Build Awesome Sales Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.